+44 (0)1455 633 289 (24 hours)
+44 01455 633 289 (24 hours)MENU
Dr James Bellini is a futurist, analyst, broadcaster and regular consultant to businesses and governments around the world. James is an expert in the future outlook for business and particularly within the context of the Internet, virtual markets and related developments in e-culture and business re-invention. He focuses on key management challenges related to issues of collaborative commerce, new business ‘eco-systems’, future consumer trends and concerns about the security of digital information flows and transaction data.
After a Masters from Cambridge, a PhD from London School of Economics and a spell as university teacher he was the first British member of the renowned US-headquartered futurology ‘think-tank’, the Hudson Institute founded by Dr Herman Kahn. He subsequently joined BBC TV as editor/presenter of The Money Programme, Newsnight and Panorama. Thus began over twenty years as a television programme-maker on business and politics, including three years with Financial Times Television and four years with Sky News.
Dr Bellini was a senior consultant with the Henley Centre for Forecasting and the Economist Intelligence Unit and regularly works with leading IT names such as Hewlett Packard exploring the ‘New Economy’. He is founder of Media Counsellors, a UK-based communications consultancy and the author of numerous books, special reports and analytical papers on social, political and business trends.
His controversial book The Bullshit Factor: The Truth About Corporate Disguises, Lies and Denial was published in 2006, providing insights into the psychological profiles of 21st century companies.
Speaking and conference moderating has taken him to Argentina, Uruguay, South Africa, New Zealand, Dubai, San Francisco, Bangalore, Bahrain, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Beijing and Chengdu and Kazakhstan and practically every country in Europe. His work with, amongst others, Institute of Management, London Business School, Arcadia, Colgate-Palmolive and Compaq. He was engaged by the UK Cabinet Office for the launch of its e-government strategy.
A member of the Global Future Forum, James describes himself as ‘an historian of the future’ with a close interest in key challenges faced by current and future management:
• Disruptive technologies and the shape of tomorrow’s world
• Scenarios for 2030: a Western industrial Renaissance?
• What is Industry 4.0?: the future of manufacturing
• Smart living in the future connected world
• Big Data: the ‘oil’ of the 21st Century?
• Generational Shift … Millennials, Generation Z and Generation Apha
• Tomorrow’s company: new business models and the challenge for managers
• Future of work, the workplace and talent development in the Digital Age
• Innovation in a networked world
• Green Agenda: building a sustainable post-carbon future
• 21st Century – The Century of the City
• The Future of Food
• Sci-fi movies and their role in foretelling the future
• Healthcare and wellbeing in tomorrow’s digital environment
James is a respected TV broadcaster, conference speaker/ facilitator, futures analyst and author.
For speaking enquiries or to book Dr James Bellini contact a Specialist Speakers agent on 01455 633289 or email Specialist Speakers